Steps to consider When Selling Your Home

real-estate-news1

Deciding to sell your Home is a crucial decision and the selling process can be quite demanding. Here are some tips to help you along the way.

Identify your Homes flaws or problems

Sellers are obligated to disclose any major problems or flaws in the structure or property, including things like dry rot, termites, asbestos or a new highway slated to run nearby. The disclosure requirements vary by state,but if you fail to mention the leaky roof or flooding basement you could be sued for Fraud. There is really no upside to trying to hide problems anyway since most buyers will have the home inspected. Starting strong ends up successful.

Plan Ahead

. Walk through each room and criticize the home from a buyers perspective.

. Consider hiring a licensed & Insured Home Inspector to see if any repairs are needed.

. Hire a Licensed & Insured Contractor to handle any major projects.

. Consider getting a pre-listing appraisal to understand our current markets value. 

. Hold a yard sale,sell,donate or trash anything you don't need.

Curb Appeal Simple solutions

. Power wash house & driveway & walk ways

. Freshen up flower beds with a fresh layer of Mulch

. trim trees and shrubs

. Paint the Front door & mailboxes

Clean-De-clutter-De-personalize

Get the Home in Showcase condition

Buyers can't see past personal artifacts, and you don't want them to be distracted. Neutralize the colors and decor and lighting of your home to appeal to all buyers. Specific designs will limit the pool of buyers that will be attracted to your home. Most buyers can not visualize past whats in front of them and see the true Bones of the house!

Upgrade: Sellers should consider replacing dated carpeting, strip wallpaper, possibly install granite counter tops and upgrade to SS appliances. Staying current with the trends.

When we have a Glut of Inventory your House has to really shine above the competition.

Disassociate yourself with your Home.

. Say to yourself."This is not my Home: It is a House- A product to be sold much like any product on a store shelf.

. Make the Mental decision to " let Go" of your emotions and focus on this will no longer be yours.. Say "Goodbye".. Look towards the Future..

Sellers need to understand that the way we live in our home is not the way we sell our home.

If a buyer walks through the front door and is distracted in any way He or She is off to the next house.

Considering these Tips can get your home sold in 3 weeks vs 3 months...depending on your Market area.

Marketing your Home: As your Realtor It is my job to determine the maximum price that a buyer will pay in today's Market. Be a strong negotiator and communicator. Deliver quality Customer Service and beyond.

Call me 678*855*1466 or Email me today. I welcome the opportunity to discuss the advantages I can offer.

Search Steps to consider When Selling Your Home Homes for Sale

New Listings

Featured picture for the property 6018027
$849,000
Suwanee, GA
beds
baths
Listing Provided Courtesy Of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Georgia Properties ATL
Listing Picture Coming Soon
$287,000
Duluth, GA
beds
baths
Listing Provided Courtesy Of Americas Realty Inc ATL
Featured picture for the property 6017205
$398,000
Duluth, GA
beds
baths
Listing Provided Courtesy Of PROSOURCES REALTY LLC. ATL
Featured picture for the property 6017957
$235,000
Alpharetta, GA
beds
baths
Listing Provided Courtesy Of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage ATL
Featured picture for the property 6018022
$260,000
Cumming, GA
beds
baths
ATL
ATL Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2018 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
Last updated on May 27, 2018 4:42:am.

Today's Market Trends for Steps to consider When Selling Your Home *

$582,950

-0.02%

$144

-0.14%

0.10%

April

March

0.19%

0.11%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable